Music for solo shakuhachi: seven meditative pieces for Japanese bamboo flute. Four Honkyoku pieces from Zen tradition, and three original compositions by Adrian Freedman.
“Starkly beautiful… stunning melodic purity”
“These traditional and modern compositions are a searing, spacious, zen meditation. Truly sound on the edge of silence. Some still music is soothing. This isn’t. Its a focused call to attention”
Total playing time 68:40.
Recorded St Johns Church, Bridgetown September 2007.
Recorded by Adrian Freedman
Mastered by Chris Gray, Troubadour Studios
1. Honshirabe – Traditional Honkyoku 07.12
2. Spirit Rising – A. Freedman 06.26
3. Sanya – Traditional Honkyoku 15.44
4. Forest Breath – A. Freedman 07.47
5. Miyama Higurashi – Fukuda Rando 07.20
6. Tamuke – Traditional Honkyoku 09.51
7. Moonlight – A. Freedman 06.28
Individual tracks can be purchased for download from adrianfreedman.bandcamp.com …
Share this page with your friends…